Hearing checks and assessments
Just as you regularly have your eyes tested, everyone should have a hearing test at least every two years as part of their health and wellbeing checks. Not only is this important to ensure good hearing health it’s better to take early preventative action should a hearing loss be present.
At Biddulph Hearing Centre, we offer FREE hearing screening checks as well as FREE full hearing and communication tests with one of our Audiologists.
Screening tests last about 15 minutes, where several key frequencies are assessed, along with an ear inspection. Full hearing and communication checks usually last around 90 minutes. This leaves plenty of time to confidentially discuss how communication issues are affecting your lifestyle.
Additionally, we consider details of any relevant medical history.
Because we are independent, we will show you all available options, so you can choose what to do about your hearing. Subsequently you can choose the best solution, which may or may not include hearing instruments.
Should I get a Hearing Test?
Do any of these apply to you?
- Do you often feel that other people are ‘mumbling’ or not speaking clearly?
- Do you have trouble following a conversation when there is background noise present?
- Do you need to turn the television or radio up and even then, sometimes it is still not clear?
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they have said?
- Do you feel stressed or tired when you listen for long periods of time?
- Do you avoid social groups because there is too much noise, and you struggle to hear clearly?
- Do friends and family ask if you are having problems hearing?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to two or more of these questions, then we would suggest an in-depth hearing test. This includes the tests mentioned above and/or if you need a medical referral and what the best path is for you. Book an appointment with us now.
You will have the chance to discuss your concerns, learn the exact nature of your hearing loss and to think about possible options. We offer trial periods and demos of our hearing technology. As such you can discover just how much you may have been missing out on.